Version 1.5, last updated 7th January 2022
Welcome to Air Portal, an aviation permission management service.
We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This Privacy Notice sets out the basis on which any personal information we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed and stored by us.
It may become necessary for us to introduce changes or amendments to this Privacy Notice from time to time. In the event that we need to introduce a change to this Privacy Notice, we will write to you by email or notify you through the Services to make you aware of the change.
2. ABOUT US
Air Portal is provided by Air Portal Ltd, a company whose registered address is 34 Rylett Crescent, London, England, W12 9RL.
3. WHAT DOES THIS PRIVACY NOTICE APPLY TO?
This Privacy Notice applies to your use of the Air Portal and Air Portal website.
Data you share with us is held privately and securely. We may share your personal information with third parties where it is necessary to provide the Air Portal Services, where required by law, or where we have another legitimate interest in doing so.
4. YOUR RIGHTS
Under Data Protection Law, you have rights which include:
- Your right of access - You have the right to ask us for copies of your Personal Information.
- Your right to rectification - You have the right to ask us to rectify Personal Information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete data you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure - You have the right to ask us to erase your Personal Information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing - You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your Personal Information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing - You have the right to object to the processing of your Personal Information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability - You have the right to ask that we transfer the Personal Information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising the above rights. We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Please contact us at the details provided in the Contact Us section if you wish to make a request.
If you have any cause for complaint about our use of your Personal Information, please contact us using the details provided in the Contact Us section and we will aim to resolve the problem for you. If we are unable to help, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with an applicable regulatory authority such as the UK's Information Commissioner's Office or, for residents in the EEA, their national supervisory authority.
5. WHAT DATA DO WE COLLECT?
We currently collect some or all of the following personal and non-personal information, either directly or indirectly:
- Your personal contact details such as your name, address, job title, email address and telephone numbers;
- Your organisation’s address and contact details for people in key roles;
- Your current, future and historic permission requests;
- Air pilot information, including name, phone number and email;
- Air fleet information, including make, model and serial number;
- Payment information, billing addresses and other financial information, if required;
- Records of your correspondence with us;
- Other information or data that you may explicitly ask us to store from time to time;
- Information about how you use our website and our services; and
- Text that we store when you use the messaging feature in order to process your application and provide an audit trail of events relating to an application.
6. HOW IS YOUR DATA USED?
We will only use your Personal Information if we have a lawful basis to do so. Lawful bases are likely to include any one or combination of the following:
- Where it is necessary for us to perform a contract with you;
- Where you have consented to our use of your Personal Information (i.e. consenting for us to contact you by email or consenting for your Personal Information to be shared with a third-party service in order to provide you with a feature of the Services);
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests (in which case we will carry out a legitimate interests assessment); or
- Because we are otherwise obliged to do so by applicable law.
Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- To register you as a user of Air Portal;
- To perform our contract with you, including processing and payments;
- In order facilitate the approval process between applicants and airports or regulators;
- To communicate with you and to allow airports, regulators and other organisations to have direct communication with you as part of the approvals process;
- To respond to your technical or customer support requests;
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation;
- To address any complaints or legal claims.
7. SHARING YOUR DATA
We will share your personal information with third parties where required by law, where it is necessary to provide Air Portal Services or where we have another legitimate interest in doing so.
Third parties include the following:
- Civil Aviation Authorities;
- Air Traffic Control and other Organisations with a legitimate need to be aware of and/or approve drone operations near airports.
- Credit card payment companies if appropriate.
8. DATA SECURITY
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal information to those who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal information on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality. We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so.
9. DATA RETENTION
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
Typically, the majority of your data will be stored for the duration you hold an account with us. However, application data and any data submitted to regulators will be retained for a period of at least 3 years to facilitate any incident investigations that may be required by airports or aviation regulators.
10. COOKIES POLICY
You may also receive selected third-party Cookies on your computer or device. Third-party Cookies are those placed by services other than our own with our permission. We use third-party Cookies to improve our Services based on user interaction.
Prior to any Cookies being placed on your computer or mobile device you will be shown a notice advising you that by continuing to use our Services you will consent to the placing and using of Cookies. By consenting to the placing and using of Cookies, you are enabling us to provide the most optimum user experience to you.
Certain features of our Services require Cookies to function; these Cookies are deemed to be strictly necessary by applicable law. Cookies which are strictly necessary for the provision of our Services are shown below. Whilst we do not require your consent to place these Cookies, it is still important that you are aware of them. You may still deny these Cookies through your device's browser settings, but please note that our Services may not function as intended (or at all).
The following first party Cookies may be placed on your computer or device:
|Name of Cookie(s)||Purpose||Strictly Necessary|
|_air_portal_session||To remember you between page views||Yes|
|remember_user_token||To remember you between visits||Yes|
|_ga||To provide us analytics on which pages are most viewed||No|
The following third-party Cookies may be placed on your computer or device:
|Name of Cookie(s)||Provider||Purpose|
|No third-party cookies at this time|
You may at any time delete Cookies on your computer or mobile device (where applicable) through your browser settings, however, doing so may result in a degradation or loss of the Services.
11. CONTACT US
You can contact us by e-mailing us at email@example.com or write to us at the following address: Air Portal Ltd, 34 Rylett Crescent, London, England, W12 9RL.